DIAβETACHIP TECHNOLOGY: artificial pancrea in closed loop
Domain Health and wellbeing
Technology Bio-embedded devices
- rapid quality control of islets before transplantation, stem-cell differentiation protocols, stem-cell derived islets
- Real-time analysis of islet α-cells and β-cells, islets and their coupling, islets derived from iPSCs
- Organ-on-chip analysis to replace animal tests, to study drug effects, to study nutritional effects
Islet cells plated on a Multi-Electrode Array (MEA) generate, in response to glucose or other nutrients and hormones, a flow of charges through ion channels near of the microelectrodes.
Two signals are observed: Slow potentials (SP) and action potentials (AP). They reflect single cell bahaviour (AP) and physiologically important intra-organ coupling (SP).
Electronic components provide on-line real-time processing of both types of signals, their direct analysis and scoring
Combination of biology and microelectronics offers a direct, easy and user-friendly approach to islet cell activity in physiological settings.
It provides a versatile Organ-on-Chip approach.
Value of DIAβETAchip technology :
- evaluates single cells & islets;
- offers user-friendly: automatic & multi-modal analysis; non-invasive & -
- long-term analysis; analysis of intra-islet coupling;
- repetitive testing of compounds;
- data classification & storage
- Research phase: Functional Analysis
- Clinically oriented: Therapeutic efficacy of a compound: on the micro-organ
Sylvie Renaud, Jochen Lang, Bogdan Catargi
+33 (0)6 59 15 90 55