PROBIOBUCCO : Probiotic Strains for Oral Health
Technology Probiotic strains for biopreservation and nutrition
We looking for a partner for the formulation and commercialization of our probiotic strains
Contact us for detailed results by strain
The oral cavity is a complex bacterial ecosystem with a fragile equilibrium which can lead to the development of pathogenic species and oral diseases.
Facing the increasing resistance to antibiotics, replacement therapies that restore the microbial ecological balance are preferred.
- Oral probiotics, integrated into toothpaste, mouthwash, chewing-gums…, appear as an effective, safe and sustainable solution to prevent and treat oral diseases.
The research team identified 6 probiotic strains among oral isolates of lactobacilli with benefits on oral health
- Strong co-aggregation with bacteria responsible for periodontal disease, halitosis, caries for a targeted action
- Good adherence on enamel and great integration to dental biofilm
- High antibacterial activity against pathogenic strains
- Control of the immune response and pro-inflammatory pathways induced by pathogens
- Safety with no transmission of antibiotic resistance genes to the oral ecosystem
- No production of substances leading to halitosis
- Persistence of beneficial effects due to survival test in salivary environment.
Prevention and treatment of oral diseases: gingivitis and periodontitis, halitosis (bad breath), caries
- Development of commensal bacteria favorable to oral health and enhancing the immune response
- No proliferation of resistant bacterial species compared to antibiotics treatment
- Durable rebalancing of the oral microbiota
Expertise in oral microbiology Library of more than 200 strains
Professor in Odontology at BORDEAUX University