Prognostic signature for colorectal cancer
Domain Health and wellbeing
Immune biomarkers in colorectal cancer associated with better survival prognostic
- Epithelial prognostic signature of tumor aggressiveness
- Personalized medecine
- Inflammation-based companion assay for CRC patient management
Current standard of clinical prognostication for stage II patients relies mainly on pathological staging.
Regarding high toxicity of adjuvant chemotherapy, benefit/risk ratio is hardly positive for all patients.
Our pronostic signature based on proteic expression of immunobiologic biomarkers allows to efficiently and easily understand the risk of patients relapse and propose the appropriate therapy
- Avoid toxic treatment to patients with low risk of relapse -> quality of life improvement
- Reduce disease burden and hospitalization costs -> mean colon cancer cost /patient: $29 196
- Help decision making for medical teams -> can be used alone, in combination with chemotherapies or immunotherapies, to remove the inhibition of the anti-tumor response