Born in July 2012, the SATT Aquitaine Science Transfert is financed by the French State as part of the National Program for Investments for the Future. Funding of € 48 million over 10 years (2012 - 2022) was allocated on the basis of triennial assessments of the achievement of results set by the National Research Agency. The latest assessment in 2018 enabled Aquitaine Science Transfert to obtain the green light from the Prime Minister for the payment of the third tranche of 14 million euros
Who do we represent?
The capital granted by the French State to the SATT Aquitaine Science Transfert is divided between 1 shareholder representing the State (Bpifrance) and 5 academic shareholders, higher education and research institutions (University of Bordeaux, CNRS, Bordeaux INP , University of Pau and Pays de l'Adour and INSERM). These 6 institutions sit on the SATT board of directors and also represent the interests of 6 other institutions in the region.
Aquitaine Science Transfert is the valorization subsidiary of 12 neo-aquitain establishments:
- University of Bordeaux
- Bordeaux INP
- University of Pau and Pays de l'Adour (UPPA)
- Bordeaux University Hospital
- Bergonié Institute
- University Bordeaux Montaigne
- School of Advanced Industrial Technologies (ESTIA)
- Bordeaux Sciences Agro
- Sciences Po Bordeaux
- La Rochelle University (in 2019, the shareholders of Aquitaine Science Transfert also agreed that their SATT values the research results of La Rochelle University).