CBMN : Institute of Chemistry & Biology of Membranes & Nano-objects
Domain Health and wellbeing
Tissue and cell engineering
Focuses of research & scientific skills
- Biophysical Chemistry
- Structure, dynamics and mode of action of peptides, proteins, lipids and nucleic acids.
- Complex assemblies: model and natural membranes, colloidal and non-covalent complexes.
- Biomimetic and therapeutic chemistry
- Organic synthesis of biologically active molecules
- Synthesis of biomimetic supramolecular scaffolds.
- Production of new drugs
- Production of new biomimetic scaffolds Biology and biotechnology
- Biology and biotechnology
- Cell adhesion
- Vesicular transport
- Membrane fusion
- Colloids for healt
Specific equipment, resources and techniques
- Diffraction and diffusion of X-rays: Crystallochemistry from very small monocrystals (some microns), Structural Biology.
- Electron Microscopy: Deposition of small objects with or without negative staining, cell or tissue section, cryo-EM, tomography and cryo-tomography.
- Mass spectrometry: Lipidomics, structural analyzes, multiple Reaction Monitoring (MRM) quantification, ...
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance: Structural and dynamic study of self-assembled molecules. NMR of membrane lipids, peptides and membrane proteins, natural colloids associated with oenological and pharmaceutical domains. Protein / RNA complex and protein-protein interactions. Structural and conformational studies of molecules, ...
- Atomic force microscopy: Surface properties (topography, nano mechanics) of soft or hard materials.
- L2 culture room: Culture of eukaryotic cells belonging to risk group 2.
- Vibrational spectroscopy: Pharmacology and cosmetics, Geology, Carbonaceous materials, Semiconductors, Life sciences, ...
- PLC Platform: Observation of nano-objects.
- Production and purification of recombinant proteins: recombinant protein production, purification by chromatography, isotopic labeling of proteins for NMR.
- Research and development
- Service provision
- Consulting / Expertise / Training
Health/Well-being business-unit manager
+33 (0)5 33 51 43 26