IPREM : Institute of Analytical Sciences and Physico-Chemistry for Environment and Materials
Health and wellbeing
Advanced and active materials
Green chemistry processes
Processes relating to petroleum chemistry
Recycling of critical metals and rare-earths
Focuses of research & scientific skills
- Development of new concepts, tools and methods of analysis, characterization and modeling (experience and theory).
- Understanding the ecodynamics of contaminants, microorganisms and tracers including their interface with the living.
- Synthesis and development of materials, physico-chemical characterization, study of their reactivity, understanding of the relation between their structure and their properties at several scales.
Specific equipment, resources and techniques
The UPPA-Tech instrumental service center has 17 specialized trays of which 5 are backed by the IPREM:
- POLYCaTS: Physical and chemical characterization of polymers applied as well to the synthesis of polymers as to their implementation and their properties.
- Microbiological characterization: Identification, Sequencing, microbial culture (aerobic, anaerobic, extreme environment), provision of a microbial strain bank of interest.
- Characterization of surfaces and interfaces: Definition of physical and chemical properties of solid and viscous samples by spectroscopic and imaging methods.
- I3: Characterization of nano-objects, analysis of highly sensitive metals by laser ablation and imaging of very small scale chemical elements (cells)
- ECOMES: Characterization of biomolecules and nano-objects in biological matrices, environmental and materials
Technology transfer center
- UT2A: Physico-chemical analyzes
- UT2A Training and advice: Training in physico-chemical analysis
- Research and development
- Service provision
- Consulting / Expertise / Training
Energy-Greentech business-unit manager
+33 (0)5 33 51 43 36