HELP (Hydrogen Energy at Low Pressure) : On-demand, easy-to-use dihydrogen generation solution
Technologie Technologies de l'hydrogène
Hydrogen is one of the main promising solution to replace fossil fuels and moves towards producing "green" and sustainable energy
Currently, one of the technological barriers to the use of fuel cells concerns the fuel supply: hydrogen.
One of the possible solutions is not to store hydrogen but to produce it on demand.
- Mobility : Electric bicycle, scooter, cart, car, wheelchair, trains ...
- Portable backup power source : Electronic equipment recharge
- Transportable: Compact technology
- Safe: No storage of flammable and explosive gas
- Without constraint: Reaction at ambient temperature and atmospheric pressure
- Controlled: The amount of hydrogen to be generated is directly proportional to the amount of reagent and salt water brought together
- Cost effective
How it works
The HELP technology offers a portable on-demand hydrogen generation unit, especially for fuel cell power.
In particular, the technology concerns: a device for producing dihydrogen capable of supplying a fuel cell. This reactor operates from a consumable capsule comprising a magnesium-based material intended to hydrolyze in contact with an aqueous solution stored in a tank.
Extension of autonomy
P < 10W
E < 20 Wh
M(Mg) < 10g
On demand production
10W < P < 500W
20Wh < E < 150Wh
10g < M(Mg) < 100g
500W < P < 2kW
150Wh < E < 700Wh
100g < M(Mg) <500g
TRL : 5
- In technological maturation
- A prototype has been developed
Tests have been carried out to demonstrate that the hydrogen produced by this prototype generator makes it possible to feed continuously, for a substantial period of time, a charged PEM fuel cell to generate an electric power compatible required by an electric assistance from a bicycle.
Developed by a research team of
ICMCB / IMS
2 Patents granted :
US 10,407,303 B2
EP 337 10 87 B1
Use of a magnesium-based material for producing dihydrogen or electricity
+33 (0)5 33 51 43 29
+33 (0)6 63 51 28 76