LEDµSF: Portable spectrofluorimeter using LED sources for non-invasive analysis of cultural heritage artworks
Domain Leisure & Culture
Technology Modeling, simulation and numerical engineering
- UV fluorescence analyzes for different types of organic materials: (natural binders, wax, resin, varnish, polymer materials).
- Items that can be analyzed using this method are: mural, easel painting, polychrome on wood or stone, dyestuff material, binders, etc.
- Scientific analysis of the materials in a piece of artwork answers various issues:
- Characterization of pictorial techniques,
- restoration assistance,
- diagnosis of the state of conservation,
- authentication by research of potential falsification.
- Miniaturized, portable and lightweight microspectrofluorimeter device (200-1000 nm),
- Use of LED sources to collect bands of fluorescence emission of materials stimulated by UV radiation,
- A database of reference spectra of pigments and binders will be available.
- Lightweight and contactless system,
- Ease and speed of use for data acquisition,
- Modular system : Selected LED (285, 375 nm) according to materials analysed,
- Non-invasive and non-destructive system,
- Power adjusted by filters,
- Remote triggering system and possibility to set integration time.
The maturation with Aquitaine Science Transfert leds to the realization of a functional prototype
Institut de recherche sur les Archéomatériaux–Centre de recherche en physique appliquée à l’archéologie (IRAMAT-CRP2A,UMR 5060)
Institute of Molecular Sciences (ISM, UMR 5255)
Patent application : WO 2016/102905