HOBIT: Hybrid Optical Bench for Innovative Teaching
Leisure & Culture
Cobotic and human increased
Hobit is an optical bench based on augmented reality :
- Teaching for student in optic / photonic/ laser,
- Training for teachers and professionals,
- Teaching in enterprise,
- Laboratory experimentation.
- HOBIT can be used for teaching Virtual Michelson Interferometer, nonlinear optics and spectroscopy,
- This virtual-reality environment which replaces an optical bench mostly for students,
- HOBIT helps student understand optics’ phenomena,
- It replaces real experiments in optics by simulated experiments based on augmented reality,
- It allows to have a visual feedback on the experiment, and is easy to set-up and reboot.
- Low cost,
- Safe for the users,
- Quick and easy to install and reboot,
- Students can be more autonomous.
Center for Intense Lasers and Applications (CELIA, UMR 5107)
Laboratoire Bordelais de Recherche en Informatique (LaBRI, UMR 5800)
Integration: from Material to Systems (IMS, UMR 5218)
Patent application: WO 2017/001300 A1