IRAMAT-CRP2A: Institute for Research on Archaeomaterials - Center for Research in Applied Physics in Archeology
Domain Leisure & Culture
Modeling, simulation and numerical engineering
Content and Experiment Design Technologies
Focuses of research & scientific skills
- Chronology, Referentials: Human Settlements and Paleo-environment
- Chronology of human settlements and evolution of Paleolithic cultures in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the South American continent.
- Reconstitution of the history of the Earth's magnetic field over the last 3 millennia by archaeomagnetic dating.
- Methodological research in luminescence dating.
- Construction of statistical tools for the processing of chronological data.
- From source to object: resources, diffusion, technique, alteration, conservation
- Provenance and circulation of obsidian in the Mediterranean Basin and Transcaucasia.
- Technological study of objects in copper alloys and production workshops from the Bronze Age to the Roman period.
- Ceramic production: origin of materials and manufacturing technology.
- Techniques and materials of medieval murals.
- Paleolithic ochres in southern Africa: materials and functions.
- Taphonomy of decorated caves: fire impacts in an underground environment, alteration of the walls
- Architecture of monumental buildings: History, Constructions, Materials, Art
- Regional inventory and archaeological analysis of contemporary medieval monuments of the Gregorian reform (surveys, mortar analyzes, radiocarbon).
- Building materials: origin, production, dating, use and re-use (stones, architectural terracotta, mortar)
- Economic and Monetary History
- Research and development
- Service provision
- Consulting / Expertise / Training
Project Manager / Human and Social Sciences Business Developer - ICT