DEEP-LESIONBRAIN: software to automatically segment white matter lesions from MRI data and to provide a report with the volumes of the lesions and their locations
Domaine Santé et Bien-être
Technologies d'imagerie pour la santé
Exploitation numérique des données de santé
DeeplesionBrain (DLB) is a deep leanring based segmentation tool that is able to automatically segment the hyperintensity white matter lesions using a T1w MRI and a FLAIR MRI. DLB classified lesions into several categories according to their position. DLB is integrated within the web-service volBrain. First, the user provides a 3D T1 MRI and a FLAIR MRI to the system. The system will first preprocess the image (denoising, inhomogeneity correction, registration) and then will segment lesion. After few minutes, the results are sent back to the user by email. This email contains a report as pdf and csv files with volumes considered lesions. Moreover, the pdf file provides screenshots to enable a fast and efficient quality control by the user. DLB can be used for multiple sclerosis (MS), Alzheimer’s disease, aging, lupus, etc,
DeeplesionBrain is a pipeline to automatically segment white matter lesions from MRI data (T1 + FLAIR). It gets anonymized MRI brain volumes in NIFTI format and produces a pdf report with the volumes of the lesions and their locations.
No need of learning complex software packages
No need having expensive computational infrastructures in your local site
Faster and more accurate than other solutions
LesionBrain works in a fully automatic manner and is able to provide brain structure volumes without any human interaction
Two reports (CSV and PDF) providing all the volumetry values calculated from the segmentations as well as asymmetry indexes
DeepLesionBrain is part of the volBrain platform wich has already processed more than 400.000 MRI.
How it works
White matter lesions were manually outlined by an expert radiologist using multimodal MRI data (T1w + FLAIR) to create a library of 43 cases. After the segmentation process, lesions are classified based on their location as periventricular, deep white, juxtacortical and infratentorial. In the figure a brief outline of the process is displayed.
Once the process is finished, you will be notified by e-mail so you will be able to download a package including some image files and two reports (CSV and PDF) offering all the volumes estimated from the segmentations. As you can see in the figure below, the PDF includes patient information, lesion classes, volumes and their locations in MNI space. It also includes several snapshots from the different labeling steps as a quality control.
Developed by Pierrick COUPÉ (LaBRI - université de Bordeaux, CNRS, Bordeaux INP) & Jose Vicente MANJON HERRERA (Universitat Politècnica de València)
Software registered with the Program Protection Agency APP
License to companies providing :
- Global healthcare solutions
- Diagnostic medical imaging solutions
- Medical imaging equipment
Liêm HUYNH VAN
+33 (0)7 64 74 47 00
- VolBrain A software to analyze MRI brain data. It provides a report including volume information on brain structures.
- CERES : A software to automatically analyze the cerebellum in brain MRI to provide a report including volume information on different aspects of the cerebellum
- pBrain : A software providing Parkinson’s disease related deep nucleus segmentation (Substantia Nigra locus niger), Red Nucleus and Subthalamic nucleus) using T2w MR images.
- HIPS : A software providing hippocampus subfield segmentation based on two different delineation protocols using both monomodal (T1w) and multimodal (T1w and T2w) MR images.
- LesionBrain : A software providing IC extraction, brain tissue classification and delineation/ classification of white matter hyperintense lesions using T1w and FLAIR MR images.
- AssemblyNet : A software providing segmentation of the intracranial cavity, brain tissues (WM, subcortical GM, cortical GM, CSF), cortical lobes, cortical and subcortical structures using a T1w MR image.
- AssemblyNet AD : A software to automatically detect/predict dementia in a t1w brain MRI and to provide a report containing two scores based on structure grading and structure atrophy.
AssemblyNet is available on : www.volbrain.net