VOLBRAIN : Software to analyze MRI brain data. It provides a report including volume information on brain structures
Domaine Santé et Bien-être
Technologies d'imagerie pour la santé
Exploitation numérique des données de santé
Software providing researchers and practitioners with automated quantitative analysis of MRI data outlining It is able to provide expected volume for each considered structures according to age and sex of the subject under study. It could help to detect volumetric abnormality and thus potential pathology.
VolBrain is a pipeline dedicated to automatically analyze MRI brain data. It works as a black box from the user point of view as it gets an anonymized MRI brain volume in NIFTI format and produces a pdf report with the volumes of the main IntraCranial Cavity (ICC) tissues (i.e., CSF, GM and WM). It also provides volume information of some macroscopic areas such as brain hemispheres, cerebellum and brainstem. Finally, automatic subcortical structure segmentation is performed, and related volumes and label maps are provided.
No need of learning complex software packages
No need having expensive computational infrastructures in your local site
Faster and more accurate than other solutions
VolBrain works in a fully automatic manner and is able to provide brain structure volumes without any human interaction
Two reports (CSV and PDF) providing all the volumetry values calculated from the segmentations as well as asymmetry indexes
Volbrain has already been used more than 167 000 times by more than 5 000 users
How it works
Intracranial cavity mask, hemisphere/cerebellum masks and subcortical labels were manually segmented by our expert on a set of T1w MRI. This training library is then used to perform automatic segmentation of your new cases. All structures were outlined according to our expert definition (our Lateral ventricles definition did not include choroid plexuses) with the exception of hippocampus which was segmented following the EADC protocol.
Once the process is finished, you will be notified by e-mail so you will be able to download a package including some image files and two (CSV and PDF) reports providing all the volumetry values calculated from the segmentations. As you can see in the figure below, the PDF includes patient information, the volumes of parenchyma, brain tissues, macrostructures and subcortical structures as well as asymmetry indexes. Finally, it also includes several snapshots from the different labeling steps as a quality control.
Developed by Pierrick COUPÉ (LaBRI - université de Bordeaux, CNRS, Bordeaux INP) & Jose Vicente MANJON HERRERA (Universitat Politècnica de València)
Software registered with the Program Protection Agency APP
License License to companies providing :
- Global healthcare solutions
- Diagnostic medical imaging solutions
- Medical imaging equipment
- CERES : A software to automatically analyze the cerebellum in brain MRI to provide a report including volume information on different aspects of the cerebellum.
- pBrain : A software providing Parkinson’s disease related deep nucleus segmentation (Substantia Nigra locus niger), Red Nucleus and Subthalamic nucleus) using T2w MR images.
- HIPS:A software providing hippocampus subfield segmentation based on two different delineation protocols using both monomodal (T1w) and multimodal (T1w and T2w) MR images.
- LesionBrain : A software providing IC extraction, brain tissue classification and delineation/ classification of white matter hyperintense lesions using T1w and FLAIR MR images.
- AssemblyNet : A software providing segmentation of the intracranial cavity, brain tissues (WM, subcortical GM, cortical GM, CSF), cortical lobes, cortical and subcortical structures using a T1w MR image.
VolBrain is available on : www.volbrain.net