Predictive test of the response to anti-TNFα treatment
Domaine Santé et Bien-être
- Microbiota biomarker to predict positive response to anti-TNFα treatment
- Ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis anti-TNF therapy
- Other inflammatory diseases such as psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis,, for which anti-TNF therapy is prescribed.
Although effective in blocking the mechanisms of chronic rheumatic inflammation, anti-TNF are expensive biotherapies that may present infectious risks. They are therefore prescribed after observation and in 2nd line after NSAIDs and failure of methotrexate.
This technology is a test which detects a level of expression of burkholderia bacteria in the microbiota of patients with Ankylosing spondylitis, Ulcerative colitis and Crohn disease for earlier and more efficient treatment with anti-TNF.
- Adapted anti -TNF therapy
- Predictive efficacy
- Earlier prescription
- Adverse effets preservation for non-responding patients
- Customized dosage
- Reduced cost of disease management (for
non-responding patients, and in general with reduction on NSAID consumption)
Pr Thierry SCHAEVERBEKE
Head of the Rheumatology department
Bordeaux University Hospital Center
Medical coordinator of ACRONIM